A summer lament
This weekend I helped to pull in my best friend’s parent’s dock. It’s a pretty significant event that marks the end of summer, much to my lament. So after we rolled up our jeans and put on sweatshirts and hoodies to combat the cold water, we got to work. Together we moved the three-section dock to its proper winter home next to the fence.
Taking out the dock reminded me as summer closes, I thought I would check in with my summer to-do list.
Here is the official “accomplished” list:
- Attended a Cubs game – actually 2!
- Danced at the Campfire benefit ball
- Made the roster for a co-ed softball league – and fall league 🙂
- Checked out Chicago neighborhood festivals
- Watched two Chicago Rush games
- Became mildly obsessed with Black Dog Gelato
- Gone to the pool and or beach
- Enjoyed a play and brunch downtown with my girlies
- Took a few trips to Michigan
- Bought fresh produce at the local farmer’s market – in multiple Midwest states (I like to represent)
- Visited my parents in Wisconsin
- Kayaked the Chicago River
- Camped on Lake Michigan
- Enjoyed live music at Ravinia
Still to do:
- Refinish a bench – definitely possible to finish in the fall and I have three other fun refinishing projects which I am excited to start
- Attending a Kane County Cougars game – summer of 2012!
- Going to Second City – another fall possibility
- Lounging on the lazy river at Raging Waves water park – summer of 2012
Not to brag, but I was able to do quite a few things this summer. Plus there’s still some time in the fall to knock out those remaining two items still possible. Maybe if you’re lucky I’ll even create a fall to-do list!