To give my elbow a break from ranting this week, how about some wedding updates?
Last time I checked in with you it was to inform you of all the craft making for my best friend, Jill’s wedding, and when I said yes to my dress. We’ve made quite a bit of progress since then.
What have we done?
- Selected our ceremony site
- Selected our reception venue
- Booked a photographer
- Choose our wedding colors
- Finalized budget
- Pretty much finalized our guest list
- Choose our attendants
- Selected components of our centerpieces
- Took our engagement photos with Redwall Photography – check them out! I’ve got one example for you below as a teaser.
On the horizon
- Choosing a DJ
- Selecting a hair/make-up artist
- Securing lodging (finalizing this week)
- Choosing flowers (hopefully in two weeks)
- Selecting bridesmaid dresses (getting some ideas this weekend!)
- Creating our “brand” for the wedding
We’re making great progress. We’re setting goals and achieving them realistically within our budget. I’m glad we’re getting a lot of the major components out of the way now to avoid potential wrinkles down the line, because we all know how things can come up at the last minute!
Going through the process with Matt has also been really fun. We’ve had great conversations about what we want and what we definitely do not want. Having his involvement has been wonderful. He keeps things light and funny, from not knowing “branding” was necessary for a wedding to getting just as stoked as myself about our potential centerpieces.
Stay tuned for more updates!