I’m so excited to share with you all that we are officially homeowners! Yesterday, we closed on an adorable single family home in Denver. Now I can finally start making all my Pinterest decorative dreams come true. It’s tough living in rented units sometimes, because even though apartment living feels urban-chic, you can only do so much to an apartment to make it feel like home. Often you are limited with painting, and you don’t want to bust your budget on furniture that may not be ‘forever’ furniture. When we moved to Denver, Jonathan and I meshed some of our own things, and bought some new together. We were limited to very specific couch dimensions that would fit our square-footage, and were stuck with the wall colors as they were. We did the best we could, but I’m ready to move on.
What I’m excited for:
- investing in some quality, classy, grown-up furniture pieces
- picking paint colors
- wood floors!
- a backyard (grilling, gardening, sitting in the sun!)
- hanging as many pictures and paintings as I want and not worrying about losing any of my security deposit for making the walls holey
- starting fresh and mixing styles with fun new pieces and not trying to force old pieces to fit together
- having an excuse to purge (let’s be honest, moving stinks, but it’s nice when it’s all over to have been forced to shred old bills and donate clothes you haven’t worn since you moved in)
Needless to say, I’m also looking forward to posting our progress as we do a few touch ups to our new home before we move in and as we continue to really make it ours.