Sorry for missing last week readers, but I was off the grid. Yes, there are still places where people choose not to have internet access. One such place happens to be my parents’ lake house in northern Wisconsin.
We spent a glorious week eating, drinking, relaxing and working. Matt’s best friend also came along for part of the trip. I love having the chance to show off my favorite little northwoods town. I’m pretty sure he had a good time, I know I did! Here’s my top ten list from this trip.
- Enjoying morning coffee on my parents’ new deck. It’s amazing how adding three feet can make such a difference!
- Picking out a new kitchen countertop and backsplash for the cottage with my mom at Home Depot.
- Porter jumping out of the boat in the middle of lake, successfully freaking out Matt and I. (We’re ordering his own PFD.)
- Rolling out of bed early to take advantage of a morning kayak trip around our lake.
- Catching a snowshoe baseball game.
- Winning a raffle ticket prize at snowshoe baseball…a delightful banana boat from the Korner Drive.
- Watching Matt’s face brighten with glee when my dad’s new tractor arrived.
- A delicious dinner at Little Bohemia. Order the prime rib, you will not forget it!
- Fishing off the dock.
- Hitting up our one of our favorites, Minocqua Brewery, for a sampler paddle of brews and appetizers.
35 more days until we’re able to go back. Not like I’m really counting or anything…