The cold season is upon us. Last weekend I found myself a victim. With a pounding headache, runny nose and sore throat, the sofa quickly became my new best friend. The only good thing I’ve found about being sick is catching up on your DVR. I think I freed up about 15% of the space on ours. Thankfully, after a few days, I made a successful recovery but I shared it with Matt… oops!
To help overcome the cold, here’s my top ten list that make me feel better:
- Zinc lozenges – doctor recommended
- A box of tissues, two if I’m being honest
- Vaseline – since I can’t breathe through my nose and my lips get really chapped
- Anything on Masterpiece – yay for public television
- Sinus cold relief medicine
- Comfy hoodies and sweat pants
- A snuggle buddy – our black lab Porter worked out well
- Chicken noodle soup
- Lots of blankets
A week later I’m feeling much better and can almost breathe through my nose. I did go see the Doctor to get my flu shot, so there shouldn’t be any future posts about battling the flu. At least I hope so!