I haven’t written in a long time which I feel bad about. I have been working on quite a few things from my aspiration list though so I thought I’d share. I feel like I am working on these much earlier than usual which is promising for accomplishing more than I’m accustomed to.
- Did some volunteering this month reviewing resumes for community members who were about to attend a job fair.
- Kept up with a regular Yoga practice minus a slight break when I had Bronchitis.
- Saw The Addams Family Musical with Karla at the Mercury Theatre.
- Bought a new to me car and sold the old one (this was very difficult work because I had trouble finding a resource that could tell me all the steps I needed to take. I am working on my own how-to guide so that may show up sometime next month)
- Ordered 2 chargers so I have no excuse to not use my currently dead Fitbit
- Started and halfway finished a sewing project which I will share when it’s fully done. I underestimated the length of time it would take, but now that I had some practice it should be easier.
- Hosted a Galentine’s Brunch with a heart theme…there was even heart shaped bacon!
- Attending a Spa party my friend is hosting this Friday and I’m going to try acupuncture for the first time!
- Created a heart wreath at the end of January and made my own jewelry cleaner yesterday!
Okay I think that is enough updates for one night. But I did want to share the jewelry cleaner with you real fast. It was so easy to throw together and the results were impressive! Here is what you’ll need:
1 tbs salt
1tbs baking soda
1tsp dish soap
1 cup warm water
- Line the bowl with aluminum foil
- Place the first 3 ingredients in the lined bowl
- Add the warm water (It’s going to fizzle)
- Next add the jewelry (The first set of jewelry I did was silver, but then I did a second batch of gold)
- Leave it in the solution for 10-15 minutes
- Retrieve each piece of jewelry and scrub with the toothbrush
- Rinse each piece in water and set it on paper towel to dry.
I must say I was a bit skeptical when I read about this solution on POPSUGAR’s website, but it worked like a charm and I didn’t even have to spend any money on fancy jewelry cleaner! Try it out some time!