Last year’s aspiration list had an item about creating a new work space at home. I did buy a new desk and chair, but I never hung all the art I planned to hang. I have a lot of art accumulated from many a Renagade Craft Fair and a few Etsy shops along the way as well. It’s all been sitting around waiting for me to display. I have been slowly purchasing 3M products so that I won’t make any marks on my landlord’s walls (dang those hooks are expensive!) One day I just laid all the pieces out on my bed along with the frames I have unused around the house. I measured the length of the desk and placed the measuring tape across the bed and then used that as my starting point for placing everything. Then I forced myself to create something I liked. I kept trying to give myself excuses, like I don’t have enough frames, or that the items didn’t go well together. But I pushed through and made myself hang things up. I knew I wanted the marquee arrow to point to the print that says, ‘This Little Light of Mine I’m going to Let it Shine.’ I used that as a bit of an anchor and arranged everything else around it.
I used hooks and velcro to hang the heavy frames and the lighter things have a binder clip attached to them and are hung on a clear plastic 3M hooks. Perhaps I’ll add some more frames after a while, but I actually like the casualness of the binder clips. Now I actually get to look at the art I’ve worked so hard to choose and collect instead of it gathering dust under my bed.
- Light Bulbs by TwoTonePress (I purchased at a Renegade Craft Fair (RCF))
- La Petit Prince- by Nacnic (Sorry no longer available in this shop)
- Get Your Sh*t Together by Orange Beautiful Design Studio (My sister gifted this to me for a housewarming gift)
- This Little Light of Mine, I’m Gonna let it Shine by littlethingsstudio (I purchased at a RCF)
- Marque Arrow from Target (Sorry no longer for sale, I bought it a few months back)
- It’s Not What the World Holds for You by littlethingsstudio (Sorry no longer available. I purchased at a RCF)
- House Key by Ace Hardware (One of a kind!)
- A Ship at Sea is Safe, but that’s not what Ships are Built for by Unknown (I can’t for the life of me remember the artist)
- 4127 Grove Watercolor- by BlueHousePaperie (Custom watercolor of childhood home, my sister commissioned)
- Be Kind Even to Mean People- by TheDetroitCardCo (purchased at a small pop up craft fair)