As many of you are aware, I work for an IT Company that is always providing new technology services. You know those commercials, “To the Cloud!”? We’ve been using Cloud Computing for almost 12 years. I know! Why am I telling you this? Because I consider myself to be someone who is “into” technology. Not just for businesses either, I LOVE gadgets (This, I think, I get from my father) and other technologically advanced things that make my life easier and happier.
So I was recently reading some magazine (I can’t remember which one because I read so many) and it had a list of cool gadgets that can help you with a variety of things. I thought I’d make my own list of items that I think are awesome, and I’ve tried them… so I know the pros and cons!
(1) Want to improve your posture? I ordered this little gadget that Oprah recommended (Don’t ask me why, I’m not a big Oprah fan). It clips onto your bra strap (or an undershirt) and it vibrates when you start to slouch! Don’t worry, you can work your way up to tall and straight if you want! It comes with a lifetime guarantee of batteries and is small and nobody knows you’re wearing it. Downsides: The clip has nickel in it, which I am conveniently, allergic to. It’s also pretty frustrating when the batteries keep coming in the mail and you haven’t even used the ones you have already (PS – they charge about 10 bucks each time for shipping and handling too). My recommendation is to skip on the lifetime battery order if you don’t plan to use this every day. www.iPosture.com
(2) Love swimming but miss the tunes? If you are like me, and NEED music to move your body, try out a waterproof mp3 player. www.speedousa.com has an awesome one that connects to your goggles and is completely waterproof. The headphones clip around your ears so they won’t fall off and it has all of your basic functions… including 1 GB of memory for your favorite bust a move songs. Downsides: None that I have found yet.
(3) On the music note… many of you may have heard of this, but I’m sharing just in case it’s news. www.pandora.com let’s you create your own music stations and plays music “similar” to your interests. You have the option to “like” or “dislike” songs so that they will play them more or less. Also exciting, if you “dislike” 2 or more songs by an artist, they stop playing that artis (Thank GOODNESS I don’t have to list any more Keith Urban!). Downsides: They only give you 40 hours of music per month for free. Don’t forget to pause it when you’re not listening so you don’t waste them!
(4) Like to record HD Movies? I didn’t know it was possible until I met Cisco’s Flip Video. It’s pocket size and you can design your own! (Completely!) Naturally, mine has yellow polka dots on it. when you upload your design, you get to see a 3-D model of what it will look like, which is pretty awesome. The memory depends on which type you buy, but the video is always clear and beautiful and super easy to upload to your favorite networking sites like youtube and facebook. Downsides: There is no function to keep the film from shaking… hope you have steady hands! www.theflip.com
(5) Love the manicure, hate the same ‘ole? Try Sally Hanson’s stick on nails. They have fun patterns like zebra print and lace and are really easy to use. Literally, match up the size, peel off the backing and stick it on to your clean nails then file off the access. They last for a good week or more and they look really cool. Some of the patterns are a little wild for my taste, but wear what you feel! They come off with normal nail polish remover. What will that Sally think of next!?
(6) Love designer shoes? Check out the “Today’s Shoe” app for the iPhone and iPod Touch. It shows you some of the newest designer shoes with pictures and prices. The shoe is available on this app for 24 hours only. Downsides: You may buy a couple pairs of designer shoes… hard on the pocket book but happy for the feet! 🙂
Hope you guys check some of this stuff out. If you have other cool suggestions for gadgets or other things that make our lives easier, please feel free to share!