Eight years have flown by since I first gazed upon Epcot and Magic Kingdom in all their splendor. Our senior year of college, my friend Jill and I decided to spend spring break near Orlando. We went to Discovery Cove, the Strawberry Festival, caught a Detroit Tigers spring training game and, my personal favorite, spent a few days at Disney World!
Flash forward and it’s 2015. I cannot wait to see how much the parks have evolved since my last visit. I’m also excited to build new memories with Matt. I can see us running around like excited little kids and my parents attempting to corral us without much success, especially when my Dad decides to join Matt and I. Looks like my mom is going to have her work cut out for her!
Matt and I started planning a few months ago when we invited our dear friend Lei and her mom (one of my adopted mom’s) over for dinner. They are frequent visitors to Disney and we were hoping to gather their tips and tricks for our upcoming stay. I was overwhelmed with how helpful they both were. We pretty much planned our entire itinerary after dinner! My adoptive mom even gave us two books, one to help us research and one to keep us entertained while waiting in ride lines. We were definitely set.
What am I most looking forward to? Here’s my list in no particular order:
- Drinking delicious adult beverages around the world in Epcot
- Going for a ride on the test track
- Enjoying the Toy Story ride with Matt and my Dad where we will find out who is the best marksman
- Seeing the animals up close on the safari at Animal Kingdom
- Seven Dwarf mines ride
- Buzz Light Year ride
- Splash Mountain (with the entire family…it will be EPIC!)
- Peter Pan ride
- Dinner at the Contemporary Resort
- Taking on Everest, at least the ride, Expedition Everest
Guess you’ll have to wait a few weeks for the highlight reel 🙂